how much right do I have on my project, if there are patches by others?

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Sat Jul 7 17:36:32 UTC 2007

David Woolley scripsit:

> >As you know, you can also ask the patch author to transfer the
> >copyright; a third way is to ask for the patch to be licensed
>
> However, most will not if they believe that their code might then be
> used in a proprietary fork!

I don't know that that's true at all.  I dual-license some of my
code under the GPL and a permissive license so that it can be
used in proprietary applications as well as GPLed ones (I don't
like the BSD and MIT licenses, and the more modern permissive
licenses aren't compatible with the GPLv2.)

--
My confusion is rapidly waxing          John Cowan
For XML Schema's too taxing:            cowan at ccil.org
    I'd use DTDs                        http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
    If they had local trees --
I think I best switch to RELAX NG.