SocialText license discussion--call for closure of arguments

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Jan 20 01:15:12 UTC 2007

Quoting Timothy McIntyre (tmcintyre at terracottatech.com):

> Essentially, I think the SocialText license should be approved for the
> same reasons that the OSI approved the Attribution Assurance License.

You mean, for the "reason" of having not, at that time, yet gotten around
to writing OSD provision #10?  That reason would seem to no longer apply.

It's funny how many of these Web 2.0 firms seem to think the OSD is just
a series of talking points, that can be selectively ignored.

--
Cheers,      "Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first
Rick Moen     woman she meets, and then teams up with three complete strangers