Which license to use?

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Fri Jan 12 09:04:40 UTC 2007

David Woolley wrote:
>> they must be assigned (possibly jointly) to the company; following the
>
> I've never heard of joint assignments.  I think you would definitely need
> a lawyer, and probably an accountant, in that case.  My guess is that, in
> the UK, the result would actually be that the license was assigned to
> a trust with both parties as trustees.

Hmm, that's interesting.  IANAL, but in the U.S. I'm fairly certain that
JCA's are legal (Sun and others have been using similar forms for a long
time).  Obviously, consult a lawyer to figure out how to create one.
The idea of an automatic trust seems kind of strange to me, kind of like
an anonymous function.  In the U.S. I think you need to file paperwork
to create any kind of trust.

Matthew Flaschen