non-military use license

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Thu Jan 11 20:09:51 UTC 2007

> Of course, physically harming or injuring others need not be unlawful:
> justification, self-defense, war.

The software license need not say that it can be appropriate, in a
self-defense situation, to hit a mugger in the head with the jewel case.

Of course, that's more difficult when the software is downloaded in softcopy
form and the justification is "I killed this guy with my software in
self-defense."

Sometimes hypotheticals get so outrageous that they become fun again.

/Larry