non-military use license

gilemon gilemon at free.fr
Thu Jan 11 16:32:03 UTC 2007

Hi License Discussers,

I want to start a project on Sourceforge; a cognitive framework already used
in robotics. We have been already working a lot on this project but my
partners have concerns about the potential misuse of their sources.

That's the reason why I'd like to discuss the option on using a license that
could protect the source code from being used by the military industry.

It seems to be quite a sensitive issue that has been discussed already for
the GPU framework. I'd like to know more about the ins and outs and how it
has ended up.

Thanks in advance,

Rgds,

Gilemon