[Fwd: FW: For Approval: Generic Attribution Provision]

DShofi at atmi.com DShofi at atmi.com
Fri Jan 5 20:11:12 UTC 2007

Russ Nelson wrote:

> Then you are in favor of "open source" having multiple conflicting
> definitions, which will diminish and dilute the term.

I am in favor of the OSI serving its purpose without putting prior
restraints on software developers who want to participate in the open
source community.  That purpose is to provide expert consultation (before
or after publication) and address THE open source definition
incompatibility, if need be.

David M. Shofi