Interesting note on attribution and OSD #10

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Thu Jan 4 19:23:07 UTC 2007

Rick Moen scripsit:

> At that point, OSI's Board says, "Oh, right.  Forgot about
> the implied need for technological neutrality, as that clause requiring
> notification via telegram is looking pretty silly about now."

Yeah.  Even the Central Bureau for Astronomical Telegrams, which is
where you report your newly discovered asteroid or comet, now only
accepts email (plain ASCII with line breaks required, good on them)
at cbat at cfa.harvard.edu, although the name is unlikely to change.
They haven't had TWX facilities since 1995; "discontinued for lack of use".

--
John Cowan   cowan at ccil.org   http://ccil.org/~cowan
I must confess that I have very little notion of what [s. 4 of the British