[Fwd: FW: For Approval: Generic Attribution Provision]

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Thu Jan 4 04:02:14 UTC 2007

Scythereal scripsit:
> Ironically, those are the principles the open source idea is against.

Why so?  We are not against individuals or groups controlling the
*names* of things.

The FSF gets to say what Emacs is (and anyone who forks it has to call
it something else), Oracle gets to say what Oracle is, and I get to
say which one of the billions of humans is me.

--
John Cowan    cowan at ccil.org    http://ccil.org/~cowan
This great college [Trinity], of this ancient university [Cambridge],