Question on OSD #5

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Fri Dec 14 22:06:28 UTC 2007

Ernie Prabhakar wrote:
> Sounds like a good ticket. Matt, do you want to file it? :-)

Every open source license already "allows private modifications." However
some licenses, including OSL 3.0 and the new Affero GPL, require those
private modifications to be treated as "distributions" under certain
circumstances.

Surely you don't want to prohibit those more aggressive reciprocal/copyleft
licenses?

Please explain here what the "good ticket" actually is before you submit it.

/Larry