Take 3: Editors and Trackers

Chris Travers chris.travers at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 20:40:01 UTC 2007

I would suggest that we look at this more from a content management rather
than from a wiki perspective.  I would also suggest that, if it is possible,
that we open up some mechanism for anyone to submit content, but that the
content does not appear until edited and approved by an editor.  Most
light-weight CMS's (Drupal, Mambo, Joomla) allow this sort of thing, and
with wikis like Mediawiki running with a PostgreSQL backend, it should be
pretty easy to hack something together pretty quickly.

The goal ought to allow community-contributed content, but have it reviewed,
edited, and approved prior to being added to the resources.

Having run wikis and light-weight public CMS's I will say that registration
does not prevent spam, nor does it prevent people from pushing their own
views and pretending they are those of the OSI.  Given the views of some
members of this list, I would think this would be obvious.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers