[OT?] GPL v3 FUD, was For Approval: MLL (minimal library license)

Tzeng, Nigel H. Nigel.Tzeng at jhuapl.edu
Sat Dec 1 04:39:36 UTC 2007

My reading of it would have been different.  Any modified versions are
derived from the original and I would have guessed the same limitations
of the original work so could not be GPL'd.  It could mean that you
can't lock derived versions away under the GPL by extending it.

At least that would have been my guess at the intent although I guess if
you say you "can do whatever you want", that would include re-licensing
the original code and perhaps that's the only thing prohibited.

IANAL, etc.