Take 3: Editors and Trackers

Ernest Prabhakar ernest.prabhakar at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 00:25:25 UTC 2007

Hi all,

> If that's the case, then I propose we separate the discussions.  Let's
> assume that the Editorial Board that I am proposing is only
> responsible for the *wiki*, to ensure that the information provide is
> maximally useful.  These are people with extensive open source
> experience, but not necessarily very much time.

Given the (admittedly limited) positive response, I've taken the step
of proactively editing the wiki to add a new category of helpers:

	https://osi.osuosl.org/wiki/tracker

	• About the OSI Trackers - The administrators who help manage the
ticketing process

in contrast to

	https://osi.osuosl.org/wiki/editor

	• About the OSI Editors - The "committers" who maintains this wiki

Roughly speaking, the Trackers are part of Zak's young, energetic
posse for managing the tickets, where the Editors are my cranky old
homies for hammering out wiki language. :-)

Also, under this proposal I expect *anyone* to be able to _file_
ticket, but only Trackers (for most components) to be able to comment
on and resolve tickets.

How's that sound to everyone, at least as a starting point?

-- Ernie P.

P.S. Yeah, the name "Tracker" is a bit cheesy, but I wanted something
parallel to "Editor"...