For Approval: GPLv3

Alexander Terekhov alexander.terekhov at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 08:34:28 UTC 2007

On 8/26/07, Donovan Hawkins <hawkins at cephira.com> wrote:
[...]
> You release a program under BSDL. I have released an unmodified copy of
> the source code under GPL v3. The only change I make is to add the
> following to the top of the LICENSE.TXT file that you used:
>
> "I used BSDL code from Chris Travers (like, all of it), and he made me
> include this, but I'm releasing only under the GPL v3 and nothing else.
> You still can't do the stuff he says you can't do because I can't give you
> that permission, but you should talk to Chris if you want to use it under
> BSDL because that ain't my problem. ...

How fascinating. But to begin with your problem is that GPLv3 itself
talks about "license from the *original licensors*" (section 10) and
even elaborates that "[s]ublicensing is not allowed". So tell us
stupid once again how that conversion theory supposed to work and what
made you become original licensor to Chris Travers' BSDL code.

regards,
alexander.