We need list rules, was MS-PL/GPL compatibility, was Re: For Approval: Microsoft Permissive License

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Aug 24 01:42:17 UTC 2007

Quoting Chris Travers (chris.travers at gmail.com):

> Disagree if you will, but every community I have ever been involved in has
> benefitted *immensely* from list rules.

ObVious:  I did not "disagree", but rather mocked your risible and
illogical notion that a different subscriber expressing a viewpoint
constitutes "enforcement of rules" that you have an "issue" with.

> I suppose if all of these official guidelines are just guidelines and
> everything *is* allowed, then I have no problem.

And which part of "In a functional sense, what's allowed on Russ's
mailing list is whatever Russ is willing to stomach" have you so far
been unable to grok?