MS-PL/GPL compatibility, was Re: For Approval: Microsoft Permissive License

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Thu Aug 23 23:34:41 UTC 2007

Chris Travers wrote:

> I thought this was a list for discussing licenses in general.

It's not, officially.  It's a list for discussing whether licenses meet
the Open Source Definition and whether they should be approved.  Now,
we're all guilty of being off-topic at times, but we try to keep it to a
minimum.  Alex seems to be here specifically to criticize the FSF.

> The subject  has been changed to reflect the changed topic, so what exactly is your
> problem?

Alex's topic is not MS-PL/GPL compatibility.  Alex's topic is how he
thinks the FSF's interpretation of what derivative works are likely to
be is wrong.

Matt Flaschen