When will CPAL actually be _used_?

Liz Henry liz at bookmaniac.net
Tue Aug 21 23:23:12 UTC 2007

Rick Moen wrote:
> So, I am obliged to ask:  When will your product actually use CPAL?
> To date, it is not.

Hi Rick,

I am working on getting the CPAL applied to our code and for a new
release to be out on our site for download. It was on me to get it done,
and I got sidetracked a bit by hosting BarCamp.  At this point, I mainly
need to run our draft of the license as we are going to apply it by our
lawyer and get his feedback.

I agree with you that we should not have that big OSI logo on our web
site until we put the license properly on our code and release it.
That's a bit embarrassing, and I'm sure was meant in good faith.     I
removed it for now; thanks for pointing that out, and let's hope I put
it back (with justification) by next week.

Our application of the license to our own code will be intended not to
be overly annoying or intrusive, in short, fairly flexible with its
requirements of attribution on the UI.

Cheers,

Liz

Liz Henry