Question about the GPL v3

Chris Travers chris at metatrontech.com
Sun Aug 19 17:39:54 UTC 2007

I guess I may have possibly found a way out of this issue.  Figured I
would run it by everyone else.

I don't read the GPL v3 as precluding other permissive terms, possibly
on a per-file basis.  Is there any reason to think that an individual
implementing an additional interactive interface by adding new files to
a program could not provide permission to omit the legal notices for the
interfaces provided in the file?  (i.e. "you have permission to
implement the interactive interfaces in this file without adding
Appropriate Legal notices as otherwise required by the license")

Best WIshes,
Chris Travers