For Approval: GPLv3

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Aug 9 17:52:39 UTC 2007

Quoting Dag-Erling Smørgrav (des at linpro.no):

> I am not referring to the QPL 1.0, but to a later version in which
> Trolltech tried to correct the mistakes from QPL 1.0, with assistance
> from the FSF, only to have Stallman turn on them after they released
> it.

Can you tell me anywhere at all that I can verify this assertion?  I
cannot find the text of any post-1.0 draft or even any description
of one, anywhere on the Net, and Trolltech do not currently appear to
have anything but the original 1.0 text.

I see Eirik Eng talking at several points about dropping QPL's patch and
developer-access clauses; those are and were to the best of my
recollection the sole compatibility obstacles.

I'm not saying you're wrong; I'm just saying that I'd rather see
something objectively verifiable and real than merely the still glowing
embers of past interpersonal flamewars -- and I note that the Trolltech
guys _did_ seem to not quite grasp the issue during the discussions
surrounding the 1.0-release timeframe.