conducting a sane and efficient GPLv3, LGPLv3 Review

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Fri Aug 3 17:44:37 UTC 2007

Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> Eh? Eben says
>
> http://www.fsf.org/licensing/sco/sco-v-ibm.html
>
> "whose copyright the Foundation holds-including all of IBM's
> modifications to the kernel for use with IBM's S/390 mainframe
> computers, assigned to the Foundation by IBM"

My mistake.  However, it is unlikely that this code is linked to by e.g.
  proprietary Nvidia drivers for x86 machines.  It would be difficult
for the FSF to try to enforce the GPL against companies like nVidia
unless they had the support of most of the kernel developers, which they
don't.

> If that's not enough, just let Welte know about the problem - I
> suspect he is already fed up with getting funny judgments

Funnily enough, he got just the judgment he wanted and expected.

Matt Flaschen