conducting a sane and efficient GPLv3, LGPLv3 Review

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Aug 2 19:02:01 UTC 2007

Quoting Lawrence Rosen (lrosen at rosenlaw.com):

> Frankly, I haven't seen any case where a GPL copyright owner has risked a
> lawsuit to force the disclosure of a derivative work either, but that one
> I'd be willing to take to court, perhaps even on contingency.

Do you really think you'd find any judge willing to order that sort of
specific performance as a equitable remedy, when lesser remedies
involving injunctive relief and (if applicable) damages would more than
suffice and are prescribed by statute?  You're the lawyer, my good sir,
but I have my doubts.

Real-world examples, with only some specific corporate names omitted:
http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Licensing_and_Law/copyright-infringement.html