inconsistency in OSD- software (#2) v. licenses/rights (every other plank)

Jesse Hannah jesse.hannah at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 04:09:35 UTC 2007

Good find. You're right--whereas the rest of the OSD talks about the
license or rights granted by the license, #2's wording at least is
inconsistent. I think the "preferred form in which a programmer would
modify the program" phrase is still a little vague, since that could
still include the intermediate forms mentioned in the current
version...it'd probably be better to just say "source code". Other
than that, I think those clarifications you suggest are a good idea.
--
jbh

~~~~
Jesse B Hannah