License Proliferation Dissatisfaction

David K. Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Tue Apr 24 02:28:54 UTC 2007

On 22 Apr 2007 at 18:33, Chris DiBona wrote:

> I think you might be a little too sensitive.

Not at all - I'm merely an interested bystander.  I don't have any
complaint about the categories, per se (I'll leave that to others more
qualified), but the word "redundant" is unnecessarily negative.

> There are a lot
> of redundant aspects in the licenses in the top tier.

And plenty of unique aspects in licenses in the "redundant" tier.  See
the problem?  Again, I'm not asking that the category be removed, but
let's be honest about what it is.

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- Email: dave at gasaway.org