License Proliferation Dissatisfaction

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Mon Apr 23 15:34:25 UTC 2007

Forrest J. Cavalier III writes:
 > In this reply I hear "La, La, La, I'm not listening."
 >
 > What concrete method was used by the committee to determine popularity?

No, what you're heading is "I don't care if you don't like it.  I
expected you to not like it."  And I by "you" I don't mean that we set
out to screw Larry Rosen.  I mean that *any* procedure, *any* number
of groups, *any* categorization was guaranteed to produce
dissatisfaction.  I feel sorry for Larry, but I'm not going to defend
the decision.  It's reasonable.  It may not be perfect.  It's better
than what we had before.  The best is the enemy of the good.  Deal
with improvement and changes like a grown-up (not that many grown-ups
deal with change well -- but we're *supposed* to).

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | You can do any damn thing
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | you want, as long as you