Restriction on distribution by Novell?

Wilson, Andrew andrew.wilson at intel.com
Tue Sep 26 23:10:51 UTC 2006

John Cowan wrote:

> It's still not very clear.  If I post the binaries I get plus the
> written offer on my Web site, must the company that I got them
> from honor the written offer by sending source to anyone who
> downloads them from my site?  Seemingly so.

I'd actually say that, in the case where you received that
proverbial coupon in the box which says "no duplicates
accepted," the company is not obligated to honor a scanned
coupon posted on your website, and therefore you need to
find another mechanism to meet your source code obligations.
E.g., print your own coupon or host your own sources.

Andy Wilson
Intel Open Source Technology Center