Restriction on distribution by Novell?

Smith, McCoy mccoy.smith at intel.com
Tue Sep 26 22:31:59 UTC 2006

Not sure if this has been pointed out already (haven't read the many
e-mail flooding my box on this topic) but the FSF has an FAQ on what is
required to comply with the written offer requirement:
http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhatDoesWrittenOfferV
alid

"Knowledge of the written offer" is not enough to trigger the
obligation.  You have to have the written offer itself.  And that's
according to the FSF.