Opinion on this "license"?

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Fri Oct 13 02:19:19 UTC 2006

Gene Smith scripsit:

> You may not distribute it commercially (e.g. as a
> Share-/Freeware-Distributor) without the express written permission
> of Yoyodynaics, Inc.

The parenthetical clause is a mere example, so it doesn't affect the
prohibition, which then reads:

> You may not distribute it commercially without the express written
> permission of Yoyodynaics, Inc.

That makes it clear that this is not open source, and cannot be
distributed on a disk that the customer pays for either.  Nor can it even
be distributed by download if that is intended to provide a commercial
interest.

The software is basically useless.

--
John Cowan   cowan at ccil.org    http://ccil.org/~cowan
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths