shared source and open source

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Mon Nov 27 03:59:58 UTC 2006

I think sz's program would be a derivative work of the library.  The
license specifically states that "You may not use or distribute this
Software or any derivative works in any form  for commercial purposes."
     So I don't thing sz would have the right to distribute his app
under any open source license (which allow commercial redistribution).
He would have to write that limit into the BSD (for instance) license.
That would mean he wasn't really using the BSD, and thus wasn't using an
OSI-certified license.  Again, IANAL and TINLA.

Matthew Flaschen