restrictions on web service linking?

Clark C. Evans cce at clarkevans.com
Tue Nov 21 15:26:33 UTC 2006

Thank you all for your time, it is greatly appreciated.

I seem to have used up my permitted budget for this topic.  It is clear that
this is an up-hill battle and, as much as I love the debate, I'm not a graduate
student in law school who has time for a dissertation.  For now I will probably
use a modified BSD (or perhaps OSL) with a very simple clause that covers my
concern; unfortunately, the license will not be open source, even though I was
hoping for a copyleft-style solution.

Kind Regards,

Clark C. Evans