"Biological Open Source"

Forrest J. Cavalier III mibsoft at mibsoftware.com
Thu Nov 16 04:06:01 UTC 2006

I like it that you approached license-discuss for comments.

Because the sphere of application is so different,
I think trying to conform to the letter of the OSD is going
to be frustrating, as you are finding.

But the OSD is a definition based on underlying principles
of fairness and cooperation.  I'd enjoy seeing discussion of the
underlying principles (explained in the rationale paragraphs of
the OSD) applied to biotech.

If you want a discussion, and not shotgun feedback, can you
consider picking, say, the top 3 things you want to discuss?
Then go in order?  Multiple threads are going to be hard
to follow on this, for me at least.

You already identified some conflicts with the OSD.  They
look like interesting places to start discussion.