APL license - What about the enforced logos?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Nov 7 23:40:35 UTC 2006

Quoting Matthew Flaschen (matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu):

> First of all, OSI is approving licenses for software-oriented
> commentators and software developers, so they should be making licenses
> these people can understand.

I'm all in favour of human-comprehensible licensing and avoidance of
ambiguity, too, but c'mon:  Saying "you've mandated a GUI" just because
a licence speaks of a logo and disclaimer to include on the opening
display is just daft.  It's just manifestly untrue, and all that's
required to read such licences correctly is a bit of common sense about
how the law gets actually applied by real judges in real courtrooms.

Which I therefore suggest.

--
Cheers,                 "Due to circumstances beyond our control, we regret to
Rick Moen               inform you that circumstances are beyond our control."