For Approval: TrueCrypt Collective License Version 2.0

Tomas Novak counsel at truecrypt.org
Thu Jul 13 16:29:24 UTC 2006

Ben Tilly wrote:

> A license that contains several licenses is substantially more
> complicated than one that doesn't.

Hi Ben,

You are definitely right. However, we unfortunately cannot release
TrueCrypt under a less complex license. Therefore, we need OSI approval
of the TCL as a whole.

> my second suggestion is to submit the individual licenses first.
> That way if there are problems, they'll get sorted out more easily.

In our opinion, any possible problems with any of the component
licenses will need to be resolved whether they are submitted separately
first or not. Also, OSI approval of the component licenses can be
useful to our project only if they are approved as integral parts of
the TCL.

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

Sincerely,
Tomas Novak

TrueCrypt Foundation
http://www.truecrypt.org/