[Fwd: FW: For Approval: Generic Attribution Provision]

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Wed Dec 13 17:07:24 UTC 2006

Dalibor Topic writes:
 > I'd say that badgerware that requires displaying and propagating
 > trademarked logos, is fundamentally contrary to the idea of open
 > source, since it makes it very hard to actually fork the code
 > without running foul of trademark laws.

If the license requires you to use a trademark, you have an explicit
license to use the trademark.  If it doesn't force you to use a
trademark, then there's no issue here.  Just comply with trademark law.

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | You can do any damn thing
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | you want, as long as you