[Fwd: [gnu.org #285277] Open Source Initiative Certification for GPL 3.0]

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Wed Apr 26 11:40:07 UTC 2006

Matthew Seth Flaschen scripsit:

> No, I didn't.  I'm the one who asked whether FSF would submit the
> license.  Dave Turner said "If OSI wishes to become relevant, it will
> stop certifying licenses simply because someone makes a request."

My apologies.  In any case, the rest of my point stands: the alleged
irrelevance is connected with granting approvals.

John Cowan    http://ccil.org/~cowan  cowan at ccil.org
'Tis the Linux rebellion / Let coders take their place,
The Linux-nationale / Shall Microsoft outpace,
We can write better programs / Our CPUs won't stall,
So raise the penguin banner of / The Linux-nationale.  --Greg Baker