Governance and responsibility

David Barrett dbarrett at quinthar.com
Mon Sep 26 04:56:52 UTC 2005

Ok, so we all agree the OSI doesn't represent every single person, and
we all agree it doesn't represent nobody.  And we can only guess on
where the truth is in between this, though some of us have strong (and
differing) suspicions.

It seems we all agree that the OSI should be more transparent and
inclusive in its decision making, and Eric has said this is the OSI's
priority #2 (with #1 being license proliferation).

So other than simple semantics of what it means to be represented, what
precisely are we debating?

-david