Governance and responsibility

James McGovern james at architectbook.com
Sun Sep 25 22:32:37 UTC 2005

This discussion is kinda retarded. Acknowledge the simple fact that there is
no single community but multiple ones with each either agreeing or
disagreeing depending on facts, opinions and the price of tea in China. Eric
is attempting to take positive steps that is beneficial to multiple parties.
Stop pissing and do something useful like support him in his efforts...

I would love to see Eric and his peers solve for one thing that absolutely
torques me. How about getting those industry analysts to start covering real
open source software and not just the stuff supported by large commercial
entities. I would love to see Eric brief the Gartner Group and get them to
tell a more accurate story to folks in corporate America...