OVPL summary

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Wed Sep 14 21:42:14 UTC 2005

Hi Mike,

> Similar to Mitchell, I would like to ask in what way is the
> CPL and its derivative the Eclipse Public License (EPL) not
> reciprocal?

I was thinking about section 4, which requires downstream commercial
distributors to indemnify upstream contributors but not vice versa. I always
presumed that was because the author of that license intentionally avoids
being a commercial distributor and seeks out others do that task.

But for the sake of this list, I'll just retract my comment so we can go on
about the OVPL.

/Larry