Submitted for Approval: OSL 3.0 and AFL 3.0 (warranties)

Sanjoy Mahajan sanjoy at mrao.cam.ac.uk
Mon Sep 12 23:35:05 UTC 2005

Is it clear that OSL licensees, such as RedHat, may offer a warranty
or support contract to their downstream licensees?

e.g. Original author -> RedHat -> me.

The last sentence of sec. 4 makes it clear that the author can offer
any warranty they want.  But RedHat has to license to me under the
OSL, which disclaims all warranties, so can RedHat offer one anyway?
Removing the 'complete-agreement' sentence in an earlier draft (and in
the OSL 2.1) may have solved the warranty question but I'm not sure.

-Sanjoy