Fighting license proliferation at its core: Mighty and Beastie Licenses

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M. roddixon at cyberspaces.org
Mon Sep 12 18:37:00 UTC 2005

As you suggest, a lawyer and an engineer may view the same problem
differently and, therefore, come up with different solutions. I have
noticed that engineers often, but, not always,  refer to issuses by using
binary values (e.g., verbose or short, "exactly precise" or imprecision).
I think the goal is for the text of a license to be written as succinct,
clear, and straightforward as possible.  In my opinion, a license that is
too laconic or too verbose usually will not meet this goal.

Rod

Rod Dixon
www.cyberspaces.org