Pre-existing purpose and value vs Adminstrative rules

Forrest J. Cavalier III forrest at mibsoftware.com
Mon Sep 12 11:40:31 UTC 2005

Russell Nelson wrote:

> The rest of your email is premature since the board hasn't decided
> that those three administrative criteria should be moved into the
> OSD.

Yes, the idea was a suggestion.

If those criteria are adminstrative, designed to lessen the workload
of the OSI, and/or "new" I think they do not belong in the OSD.

But because they express principles of license selection and
acceptance that people were already using 10 years ago, I now
think that they are NOT administrative, and belong in the OSD.
(With appropriate rewording.)

I wanted to see if I was correct in thinking that others agreed
with that, even if my wording needs a bunch of rewriting.