Submitted for Approval: OSL 3.0 and AFL 3.0

Chris Zumbrunn chris at czv.com
Mon Sep 12 09:38:28 UTC 2005

On Sep 11, 2005, at 6:16 AM, Lawrence Rosen wrote:

> Section 16: Modification of This License
> - This new section authorizes derivative works of this license.
>   NOTE: This should promote license consistency; I hope it doesn't
>         lead to license proliferation.

Larry, how would section 16 be applied in reality. I attempted to test
this by implementing kind of a verbose version of the Copyback license,
changing section 1c to the following:

c) to distribute or communicate copies of the Original Work and
Derivative Works to the public, under any license of your choice that
does not contradict the terms and conditions, including Licensor’s
reserved rights and remedies, in this Copyback License, and with the
proviso that Derivative Works shall be and continue to be licensed back
to the Licensor and the source code made easily available for inclusion
in the Original Work;

Here is what I ended up with: http://czv.com/licenses/CL3/

As you can see, things got messy in section 16. How do you suggest
section 16 would be handled in derivative licenses?

Chris

chris at czv.com  +41 329 41 41 41
Chris Zumbrunn Ventures - http://www.czv.com/
Internet Application Technology - Reduced to the Maximum