License Committee Report for September 2005

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sat Sep 10 04:49:56 UTC 2005

Lawrence Rosen writes:
 > Over the course of the next several months, my board minutes show that
 > Dave's License wasn't even discussed by the board.

 > The problem then wasn't license proliferation, it was the inability of the
 > volunteer OSI board to wrap its collective mind around 44 proposed licenses.

Yes, the procedure for license approval is much more organized now
than it was then.  You helped us formulate the rules for use of, and
qualifying for use of, the OSI Certified mark.  We got terribly far
behind in considering licenses, much less approving them.

 > Eventually, the Dave License simply disappeared. So did many of the 44
 > others then pending approval.

Turns out it's still online:
    http://www.geocities.com/powerthedave/license.html

--
--my blog is at     blog.russnelson.com         | with some experience
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok |     you know what to do.