License Committee Report for September 2005

Forrest J. Cavalier III forrest at mibsoftware.com
Fri Sep 9 13:09:46 UTC 2005

Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> You knew or should have known those rules when you walked in.

Someone changed the rules.

>  They've
> worked well for us and (more importantly) for the community we serve,
> and we will therefore continue to use them.

Someone changed the rules.

>  If that makes you
> unhappy, then please do start your own certification organization run
> on radically different lines.

Funny, I would have thought that the originator of "open source" would
have understood the inherent bias against forking.

And I would thought that someone who is supposed to be advising organizations
of the value of accepting ideas from volunteers would know the need
to acknowledge ideas with Reason instead of Rhetoric, especially when those
ideas were not accepted.