License Committee Report for September 2005

Simon Phipps webmink at sun.com
Fri Sep 9 01:26:21 UTC 2005

On Sep 8, 2005, at 22:08, David Barrett wrote:

> Russell Nelson wrote:
>> The OVPL consists of two sets of changes to the CDDL.  One set changes
>> policy, and the other set changes implementation.  I have suggested
>> that in order for the OVPL to not be duplicative and to increase its
>> readability, its implementation changes should actually go into the
>> CDDL.  I've asked the submittor to work with the CDDL stewards to get
>> those improvements into the CDDL.  I have not gotten any cooperation.
>> Instead, he has asked me to submit the OVPL as-is.
>
> Incidentally, I think this is a fair summary, but I would suggest
> changing "I have not gotten any cooperation" to "Alex has made private
> and public requests to the CDDL stewards but received no response."

Who did Alex contact? I've not been able to find a current CDDL team
member who has heard from Alex recently (I have not) and I'm afraid
that requests on license-discuss can easily be overlooked. As such I
question your assertion.

S.
_____
Simon Phipps, Chief Open Source Officer, Sun Microsystems
Current timezone: BST (UTC+1)