License Proliferation

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sun Sep 4 05:27:37 UTC 2005

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M. writes:
 > My question is would someone briefly identify how the use of
 > "tiers" will resolve the license proliferation problem?

It won't.  It's just a starting point.  The idea is that it will
represent a community consensus that the Tier Three licenses aren't
needed and if you're a license steward, you should deprecate your
license.  So far, just by existing, the license-proliferation
committee has managed to wipe away 5% of existing licenses.

--
--my blog is at     blog.russnelson.com         | with some experience
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok |     you know what to do.