For Approval: ACE License [Amended]

Ken Sedgwick ken at bonsai.com
Sun May 15 23:46:08 UTC 2005

Greetings,

I've taken the findings of the OSI License Committee back to the ACE
team and they've amended the ACE License to address the OSI's concerns.

Here was the original submission thread:
http://crynwr.com/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?3:mss:9551:200502:oaoffccikahegfoebbbi

I've attached a text copy of the revised license.  The latest release of
the ACE software (5.4.5) is using the new license.

I've diff'd the license with the original submission.  The first "chunk"
is from the original license and the second is the revised section.

19,27c19,28
<    You can use DOC software in proprietary software and are under no
<    obligation to redistribute any of your source code that is built using
<    DOC software. Note, however, that you may not do anything to the DOC
<    software code, such as copyrighting it yourself or claiming authorship
<    of the DOC software code, that will prevent DOC software from being
<    distributed freely using an open-source development model. You needn't
<    inform anyone that you're using DOC software in your software, though
<    we encourage you to let [11]us know so we can promote your project in
<    the [12]DOC software success stories..
---
>    You can use DOC software in commercial and/or binary software releases
>    and are under no obligation to redistribute any of your source code
>    that is built using DOC software. Note, however, that you may not do
>    anything to the DOC software code, such as copyrighting it yourself or
>    claiming authorship of the DOC software code, that will prevent DOC
>    software from being distributed freely using an open-source
>    development model. You needn't inform anyone that you're using DOC
>    software in your software, though we encourage you to let [11]us know
>    so we can promote your project in the [12]DOC software success
>    stories.

Many thanks in advance,

Ken

--
Ken Sedgwick
Bonsai Software, Inc.
ken+5a4 at bonsai.com
Public Key: http://www.bonsai.com/ken/ken.asc
GPG Fingerprint: 851E 3B07 E586 0843 9434  5CC7 4033 3B9B 3F3F 9640