Question regarding a new local license approach

Arnoud Engelfriet galactus at stack.nl
Thu Mar 10 18:27:34 UTC 2005

Walter van Holst wrote:
> Having a license that is not inherently questionable under Dutch law
> is precisely the main reason I am asking on this list whether local
> versus US law issues would be acceptable reasons for OSI to have yet
> another license certified. Several governmental clients of mine would
> like to get it right, getting it right is of limited use however if it
> doesn't gain acceptance by the OSS community.

My main concern would be that the license is most likely going to
be incompatible with the GPL. Aren't you afraid that may reduce
widespread adoption of the project?

It was the reason my company's policy tries to use existing licenses
whenever possible.

Arnoud

--
Arnoud Engelfriet, Dutch patent attorney - Speaking only for myself