Comparing OSI to OASIS and W3C

David Webber (XML) david at drrw.info
Fri Mar 4 19:05:31 UTC 2005

Sweet.

What this is missing is the matrix of checkboxes - so you can easily see the
crossreferencing - and determine by that - which license(s) is more closely
suited to your purpose.

I'm sure by examining this list of 29 - a check list of prominent features
and
aspects can be gleaned (eg differencies between GNU 1.0 and GNU 1.1).
That can then be compared to the common usage scenarios and
intended audience.

For people wanting to quickly determine fit for purpose this would be
gold.

I love the registration of license certificate too. Killer.

Aside: This may be something we could orchestrate using an ebXML
registry - and store those licenses in the key store that it has - along
with metadata about the licensee, etc.

DW