Should the three new criteria be in the OSD?

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Fri Mar 4 15:45:30 UTC 2005

Eric S. Raymond writes:
 > My intention is that the people who have been putting heavy pressure
 > on OSI to solve the proliferation problem are going to get what they
 > want, and they're going to get it good and hard.

Yup.  OSDL is one of the entities piling on the pressure, and five
members of the OSDL have licenses which are good, but not especially
notable.  Myself, I think that OSDL should *start* by getting its
house in order.  It should work with its members to get them to
relicense under one of the OSDL's proposed three licenses.  If they
can't do that with their own members, then they have no reason, right,
or place to tell us what to do.

--
--My blog is at     blog.russnelson.com         | The laws of physics cannot
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | be legislated.  Neither can