OVPL and open ownership

Alex Bligh alex at alex.org.uk
Wed Jul 27 13:30:20 UTC 2005

Andrew,

--On 26 July 2005 16:48 -0700 "Wilson, Andrew" <andrew.wilson at intel.com>
wrote:

> No, OVPL is equivalent to coercing a contributor agreement from
> everyone.
> I believe you and Alex have acknowledged this, thus the discussion about
> opt-out versus opt-in for sec. 3.3.

This is true.

> Guys, this thread is getting stuck in a rut.  Unless you have
> something truly new to say, perhaps you should just give it a
> rest, or should start a new list for OVPL-specific questions.
> I'm sure the OSI board (if *they* haven't unsubscribed ;-)
> has formed an opinion by now and will share it presently.

The bit of this thread that I think isn't in a rut is the BSD-esque
relicense idea, and whether or not this would make the license acceptable
to those who think it's unacceptable.

Whilst technical conformance to the OSD and OSI approval is one thing, I'd
also (community hat on) like to make the license as useful as possible to
everyone else.

Alex