OVPL and open ownership

Chris Zumbrunn chris at czv.com
Tue Jul 26 10:18:10 UTC 2005

On Jul 26, 2005, at 11:33 AM, Alex Bligh wrote:

> What I think Ernest was proposing is either mandating a BSD license
> for contributions, or alternatively (and this may be better) forcing
> the ID to relicense anything he incorporates into the proprietary
> version
> under a BSD license, allowing others to do the same.

What do you mean with the last bit "allowing others to do the same"?
That others would be allowed to create proprietary versions as well?
Assuming you do not mean that, requiring contributions to be BSD would
still not fix the "discrimination" that a contributor has to grant
rights to the ID that the ID did not grant to others.

Chris